Airliners takeoff and landing distances

From:         peep@freenet.hut.fi (petrus lundqvist)
Date:         07 Apr 94 13:55:02 PDT

I would like to get some rough figures on how long runways certain
airliners require for landng and takeoff. I know that it varies a lot
but a plane moderately loaded with "average" loads of passenger and
fuel and in "normal" weather and sea-level. The airliners I would
like to get info of are the following:
Boeing 727, Boeing 737, Boeing 747, Boeing 757, Boeing 767,
Airbus 320, DC-9, MD-87 (the 80 series?), MD-11, DC-10.

What I would like to know is basicly how long runways an airport must
have so that one or more of those airliners could operate (with
passengers) from it.

v Petrus Lundqvist - peep@freenet.hut.fi v