Re: Air France 767-300?

From:         Pete Mellor <pm@csr.city.ac.uk>
Date:         07 Apr 94 13:54:56 PDT

drinkard@bcstec.ca.boeing.com (Terrell D. Drinkard) wrote:-

> The 23-29 March Flight International World Airline Directory shows Air
> France with 4 767-300s.  They also seem to operate 11 A310s and 20 A300s.
> For what it is worth, they haven't made any money in something like a
> decade, so go figure.  :-)  In fact, one of the recommendations of the latest
> European study groups was to cut Air France off from further government
> subsidies.

My own "deep throat" (who ought to know! :-) told me that, subsidies or no
subsidies, Air France is practically bankrupt. (He gave me the figures for
their annual losses over the past few years, and compared these with their
total assets. Unfortunately, I wasn't taking notes.)

He expects them to plead the French equivalent of Chapter 11 soon, and be
rescued (in a different form and much thinner, but with the same name).

Pete Mellor

Definition of a consultant: A guy who borrows your watch, tells you the time
with it, charges you for the service, and keeps the watch!