Re: Air France 767-300?

From:         andrewsa@comm.mot.com (Andrew Sapuntzakis)
Date:         01 Apr 94 13:11:56 PST

>  I recently saw an advertisement for models of various airliners. Included
>in the list was an Air France 767-300. I have never seen 767s listed in any
>airliner book as being in the Air France fleet and I can't imagine Air
>France buying 767s over A300-600s or A310s. Does anyone know if they have
>in fact operated any 767s or is this a typo?

  I have flown on this plane several times on the CDG-ORD (Paris Charles De Gaule
Chicago O'hare) route (AF54, I believe).

  Air France has quit a few Boeing planes, including 737s (-200, -300, ... ?)
and 747s. Some of these are used for cargo service (e.g. Aeropostale), but I'm
pretty sure they are also used for passengers.

  I believe that a very diverse fleet is one of the reasons for AF's financial
woes - they have to maintain so many dissimilar aircraft types!

CU
Andrew   andrewsa@comm.mot.com