Re: VERY Early DC-8s

From:         spagiola@leland.stanford.edu (Stefano Pagiola)
Date:         31 Mar 94 00:30:07 PST

Karl Swartz writes
> >Are there any Convair 880 or 990s left, other than the 990 in
> >Switzerland?
>
> Seems to me there's the hulk of one up at SFO, along with a 707.

That was a DC-8 (ex UAL).  Both it and the ex-TWA 707 are gone.

As for 880/990s, I can think of the following:
US Navy 880, maybe still flying?  It had a major overhaul at MIA in
the late 1980s.
MHV: a dozen or so 880s and 1 990.  I've heard of one being scrapped;
I hadn't heard that all had been.  Can anyone confirm?
A number of ex-Spantax 990s were lying around at Palma (I think).
Most were scrapped, but I hear one was preserved.

Ciao, Stefano
---
Stefano Pagiola
Food Research Institute, Stanford University, Stanford CA 94305-6084
Tel 415-725-0939, Fax 415-725-7007
Email spagiola@leland.stanford.edu (NeXTMail encouraged)