Re: VERY Early DC-8s

From:         tristar500@aol.com (TriStar500)
Date:         31 Mar 94 00:30:04 PST

In article <airliners.1994.1073@orchard.Chicago.COM>, kls@ohare.Chicago.COM
(Karl Swartz) writes:

>I am suprised that the prototype L-1011 was scrapped ...But you may have seen
>it since the scrap date -- apparently the front section of the
>fuselage is part of something at Disneyworld.  A sad end for a very
>pretty airplane.  :-(

This airplane was located in Ardmore, OK. The remains are now located at MGM
Studios and are used as a movie set. I understand it was used in 'Passenger
57'. It consists of the cockpit and first class section. The cockpit (with real
instruments and functional) can be separated from the cabin piece and the cabin
piece is split lengthwise so cameras can film either half of the cabin. This
was paid for by Delta, so the outside is painted in Delta livery. The entire
job was done by DL maintenance personnel.