The fate of the UDF test 727

From:         ckd@kei.com (Christopher Davis)
Date:         31 Mar 94 00:30:00 PST

I believe that I saw the UDF testbed 727 in "Airliners" magazine as the
one which was scrapped in the making of the movie "Hero" (for the airplane
crash site).

If so, it would join the ranks of the "famous film star" airframes,
including the 707s and 747s used in the "Airport" movies, the TriStars
from "Passenger 57" and "Die Harder", and presumably several others that I
simply can't think of at the moment.

(Of course, most of the "film star" airframes *weren't* scrapped...)
--
* Christopher Davis * <ckd@kei.com> * (was <ckd@eff.org>) * MIME * [CKD1] *
  "It's 106 ms to Chicago, we've got a full disk of GIFs, half a meg of