Re: VERY Early DC-8s

From:         David Lednicer <dave@amiwest.com>
Date:         30 Mar 94 00:06:44 PST

Karl-

	I am slightly confused - I know Boeing scrapped one 727.  If it
wasn't the prototype, what was it?  The only possibility that springs to
mind is the UDF test aircraft.  Also - I am not certain the United 727 is
at Boeing field.  It is not parked at the Museum of Flight.  Rumor has it
that is is up at Paine Field in Everett.

	The prototype 747 is not on loan to Boeing - it is on lease!  It
is nice to see the museum making money this way!  I am suprised that the
prototype L-1011 was scrapped - last I knew it was still being used for
test purposes.  I could swear that I heard of its existence since the
1986 scrapping date you allude to.

	Are there any Convair 880 or 990s left, other than the 990 in
Switzerland?  I've heard that the AJI ones at Mojave have been scrapped.

Redmond, WA  98052         |   fax:     (206) 746-1299