From: (Lars A Ewell)
Date:         30 Mar 94 00:06:25 PST
Organization: Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa (USA)
Followups:    1 2
Next article
View raw article
  or MIME structure

	I recently flew on an Airbus 320 (Northwest).  I 
noticed that underneath the wings there were what appeared
to be support 'struts'.  I think that there were three of
them on each wing.  On the end (tail side) of these 'struts'
there was a black rod sticking out.  It looked similar to a
car antenna.  There were similar rods (five I think) sticking
out of the winglets.  What are these rods?  In addition, are
the 'struts' called struts and are they used for support?


	Lars Ewell