Re: DC-10 Engine pod Fins

From:         megazone@obsidian.WPI.EDU (MegaZone)
Date:         24 Mar 94 14:01:45 PST

David Lednicer <dave@amiwest.com> shaped the electrons to say:
>than 707s - the US government has been a major buyer of airline surplus
>707s.  The last I heard they had bought over 200 old 707s, of which
>nearly 100 are at Davis-Monthan, stripped of parts.  It must be nice to
>have the US government supporting your hull value!

That is to be expected, the governemt has quite a large fleet of aircraft
that can use parts from the 707.  All the C-135 family (KC/EC/C/RC/etc...),
even though the fuselage is different, have a high degree of commonality.
And then the E-3 Sentry which IS a 707 airframe, and also the VC-137.

Since the 707 line is closed, it is easier to get spares buy grabbing the
ex-civil aircraft.

--
megazone@wpi.wpi.edu  megazone@world.std.com  megazone@hotblack.schunix.dmc.com
 "I have one prejudice, and that is against stupidity.  Use your mind, think!"