Re: Level Flight Deck revisited

From:         jbrevard@aol.com (JBrevard)
Date:         24 Mar 94 14:01:39 PST

In article <airliners.1994.1032@orchard.Chicago.COM>, ehahn@fairlite.mitre.org
(Ed Hahn) writes:

  Not sure about the older aircraft in service, but I DO know that the
  A330 and A340 have a significant nose-down attitude on the cabin floor
  when sitting on the landing gear.  Furthermore, the floor is not
  flat, and increases in slope toward the rear of the aircraft.  I
  think that if you find a picture of the A340 looking down the
  fuselage, this effect will be very noticable...
According to a friend (flugbegleiter/Cabin Attendant) with Lufthansa,
two points to note.  The A340 forward landing gear does indeed
leave a distinct nose-down when sitting on the gear; this is
due to that gear being very close in design to the nose
gear on A300/310's.  The A330 may have newer gear,
allowing "flat" floor while on gear.

Second, the upward slant on rear of A300/310/340/330's is
supposedly to allow more containerized cargo to be
placed in rear; Boeings have less space for this due to
flat floor going all the way back.
Jim Brevard     GEnie: can't remember;who cares.
aol:  jbrevard@aol.com   prodigy:  cant remember; who cares.