Re: Date of Construction

From:         spagiola@leland.stanford.edu (Stefano Pagiola)
Date:         20 Mar 94 22:29:46 PST

Lars A Ewell writes
> 	I recently flew Northwest Airlines from Des Moines
> to LaGuardia.  When boarding the DC-9 from Detroit back
> to DesMoines I noticed a black stamp inside the door that
> had the place of manufacture (Long Beach) as well as the date.
> The date was 1966.  I was surprised that the plane was that
> old.  Are many of the DC-9's this old?  In addition, are
> planes required to have the date of manufacture posted like
> this?

Most DC-9s are younger, but there are many that are, in fact, that
old.

All aircraft have, somewhere, a manufacturer's data plate that gives
model, serial number, and date of manufacture information.  On DC-9s,
its always on the inside front of the forward passenger door (ditto
on DC-10s).

Ciao, Stefano
---
Stefano Pagiola
Food Research Institute, Stanford University, Stanford CA 94305-6084
Tel 415-725-0939, Fax 415-725-7007
Email spagiola@leland.stanford.edu (NeXTMail encouraged)