Re: 737-100 ?

From:         flloyd@l1-a.West.Sun.COM (Fred Lloyd [Phoenix SE])
Date:         12 Mar 94 10:30:40 PST

In article <airliners.1994.976@orchard.Chicago.COM> kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz) writes:
>>can someone please tell me what a 737-100 looks like ?
>>I'm working at munich airport, but I have never seen such a plane.
>
>Actually you may have seen it and not known it -- the 737-100 looks
>like a short 737-200, with the difference not realy noticeable unless
>you look carefully.  Only about thirty were built and virtually all
>of those were for Lufthansa.  Lufthansa still has -200s, but the -100s
>were sold some time ago.

America West has a -100, number 708.  It is used to carry the Phoenix
Suns around the country and carries the Suns logo on the rear of the
fuselage.  When not being used for the team, it does regular service.

-fred

[ Fred Lloyd, AA7BQ                       Fred.Lloyd@west.sun.com ]
[ Sun Microsystems,                              Systems Engineer ]
[ Phoenix, AZ                                      (602) 224-3517 ]