Re: Do DC-9s exhibit a nose-down attitude under power?

From:         ditka!sgiblab!enuucp.eas.asu.edu!mcdphx!fredch (Fred Christiansen)
Date:         21 Jan 93 01:53:47 PST

Related to DC-9's and nose-up attitude, what about DC-10's?  I recall
reading that DC-10 engines (well, maybe just the one in the tail) are
pitched.  Wasn't there the case maybe 10 years ago of a DC-10 (Florida
area?  Delta?) whose surfaces froze in some manner making it pitch
in one direction, so they applied more power to the tail engine to
compensate?  Had to get enough nose-down to land.
--
Fred Christiansen, Motorola, 2900 S Diablo Way, Tempe, AZ 85282  "Canajun, eh?"
fredch@phx.mcd.mot.com  ||  uunet!phx.mcd.mot.com!fredch  ||  +1 602-438-3464