Re: Reverse Thrust.

From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)
Date:         17 Dec 93 01:53:06 PST
Followups:    1 2 3

>I saw one AMR's 727 at Rochester airport pushing it self in reverse
>direction just by its own engines.

This has been discussed on the net in the past, maybe here, maybe in
rec.travel.air or one of the rec.aviation.* groups.  The bottom line
is that yes, some jets are capable of pushing themselves back, but the
practice doesn't seem to be all that common.  I recall mention of both
American and Southwest doing this, with American most frequently doing
it with MD-80s.

--
Karl Swartz	|INet	kls@ditka.chicago.com
1-415/854-3409	|UUCP	uunet!decwrl!ditka!kls