Re: I sat in a 747 cockpit through the landing!

From:         jherries@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (James P Herries)
Date:         17 Dec 93 01:52:59 PST

I had occasion to sit in the right-hand seat of an MD-11 simulator about a
year or so ago and was amazed at the stopping distance we achieved with hard
braking and reverse thrust.  With full motion on, I was thankful for being
belted in as we touched down at LAX 7R and commenced the quickest stop I'd ever
like to achieve in a plane that size.  The only thing missing from the
simulation was the sounds of food trays flying and 3-400 screaming passengers
(or was this a cargo version?)  I left that simulator with a hell of a lot more
respect for what those pilots can do...

Jim Herries    herries.1@osu.edu
(add your clever .sig idea here)