FI: DAL flying 727-200s w/ Valsan developed winglets

From:         Stephen L Nicoud <stephen.nicoud@boeing.com>
Date:         16 Dec 93 01:50:45 PST

------- Included Message -------

   Delta Air Lines is flying two 727-200s with Valsan developed
   winglets.  The list price is $550,000 per aircraft with each winglet
   weighing 45 kg (99 lb).  The fuel consumption savings depends on time
   spent at cruise.  Valsan estimates savings of 4% for short haul
   operations and up to 7-8% for an executive aircraft on a 7-8 hour
   flight.

			     (Flight International, December 1-7, 1993)

------- Included Message -------

Stephen
--
Stephen L Nicoud  <stephen.nicoud@Boeing.Com>     bcstec!bcsaic!stephen.nicoud
This message does not represent the views of Boeing.  I am not a Boeing