Re: SAA crash in the Indian Ocean

From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)
Date:         01 Dec 93 20:47:27 PST

>The truncated interior is strange, if you're used to the
>nwhich, if I can remember all that way back, had the cargo section in front.

>(which doesn't make a whole lot of sense... how would the flight attendants
>communicate with the pilots---anyone remember these things??)

For simple communications they can just use the intercom, as they do
often on all-passenger configurations.

Such configs still do exist -- OAG shows both Air Canada and Alaska
Airlines as having mixed-config 737-200s with the cargo area ahead of
the passengers.

--
Karl Swartz	|INet	kls@ditka.chicago.com
1-415/854-3409	|UUCP	uunet!decwrl!ditka!kls