Another Dash 80 question

From:         sherry@a.cs.okstate.edu (SHERRY ROBERT MICH)
Date:         01 Dec 93 03:16:39 PST

Thanks to all who mailed me info for my Dash 80 project.

One other question...In the photos I have of this plane, the lower lobe of
the fuselage and all but the leading edges of the wings are bare metal.
But in a 'Frontiers of Flight' episode on Discovery the other night, they
showed the restored plane, all painted up and ready to fly back to the
Smithsonian, with these surfaces painted what looked like a dark flat gray.
The narrator mentioned that these were 'The original paint scheme'. Did I
misinterpret the pictures on TV, or in the books? Just curious...

Thanks again for the help,

Rob
sherry@a.cs.okstate.edu