737-X

From:         Stephen L Nicoud <stephen.nicoud@boeing.com>
Date:         06 Nov 93 00:24:32 PST

------ Forwarded Message -------

WALL STREET JOURNAL (November 4, 1993).  Boeing is close to winning a
pivotal order from Southwest Airlines that will launch the aircraft
maker's next-generation 737-X airliners, according to people familiar
with the negotiations.  A launch order by the successful Dallas-based
carrier would lend credibility to Boeing's $1 billion overhaul of its
25-year-old line of 737s.  Still, tough times in most of the world's
airline industry -- and some buyers' misgivings about the weight and
performance of the upgraded jets -- seem likely to drag out the pace of
orders for the 737-X line.  A source said the purchase will include "at
least" 20 firm orders and possibly a similar number of options.  A
Boeing spokesman said the company is "talking to a number of airlines"
about ordering the 737-X, and it is "premature" to discuss whether any
one of them is destined to become the launch customer for the plane.

------ End of Forwarded Message -------

Stephen
--
Stephen L Nicoud  <stephen.nicoud@Boeing.Com>      bcstec!bcsaic!stephen.nicoud
This message does not represent the views of Boeing.  I am not a Boeing