ETOPS

From:         Tobias Henry Lutterodt <luterodt@phoenix.Princeton.EDU>
Date:         01 Nov 93 14:05:12 PST

Does anyone know whether the routes from the mainland to the
Caribbean and Bermuda require ETOPS.  Are the aircraft ever
more than 60 minutes from land?

I was in SJU last week and noticed that Delta flew its 757s
and 767's on flights to ATL and MCO (and, from their timetable,
to Bermuda as well), USAir flew only 727's which do not require
special certification.  Is USAir keeping its 727's just to
have a 3-holer to fly these routes or could they substitute
another aircraft instead?

Any comments about the A300?  I liked the aircraft a lot...very
smooth and stable.  The fact that the aisles were sloped
slightly in the rear and that they weren't straight didn't
bother me at all, contrary to what Boeing's publicity would
have you believe.

Tobias Lutterodt