Re: Huge capacity aircraft and accidents

From:         sokay@cyclone.mitre.org (Stephen J. Okay)
Date:         05 Oct 93 01:10:29 PDT
Followups:    1 2 3

In article <airliners.1993.607@ohare.Chicago.COM> pypbf@csv.warwick.ac.uk (Mr D M Procida) writes:

>Would an airline be able to survive a crash that killed 600 of its
>customers? What sort of insurance prospects would an airline with such
>aircraft face?

Well, it wasn't exactly 600 dead, but quite a few were killed in the
Tenerife accident in 197(6?) when 2 747s collided. Both of those
airlines are still around I believe.( I forget exactly who they
were...Lufthansa and somebody else?)

----Steve
--
The Jetdillo Project:2000 lbs of steel,20,000 lbs. of thrust. 1 pair of very