Indian Airlines A320s

From:         Tobias Henry Lutterodt <luterodt@phoenix.Princeton.EDU>
Date:         23 Sep 93 10:10:11 PDT

Does anyone know how extensive the structural modifications were which
allowed the installation of the 4 wheel main landing gear?  I know that
wheel well size is a critical parameter at the beginning of an aircraft's
development because it determines how much the aircraft can grow (in
weight, length, etc.).  Is Airbus paying a penalty on the majority of its
A320's to allow Indian Airlines to fly with a special landing gear?

Speaking of the A320, I flew on a number of A320's this summer and I found
it to be a very smooth aircraft compared to the DC-9.  Any comments?  I
talked to one captain and asked him about the joystick flight controls.
Specifically I wondered if flying left-handed posed any problems, but he
said no sweat.  Any comments?

Tobias Lutterodt '94