Douglas DC-3 Dakota

From:         ole-d@hsr.no (Ole Petter Dahl)
Date:         15 Jan 93 04:59:00 PST

Hy!

I don't know if this is the right group to post this article in, but anyway,
I saw an Air Atlantic Douglas DC-3 yesterday. It landed on Sola International
Airport. I observed it when I was working at Sola Heliport, Stavanger.

Now the questions:

	- When was the first Daktota built ?
	- How many was built ?
	- When did the production end ?
	- How many are still flying today ?

Info about Air Atlantic wanted.

PS. I'm working in Braathens Helikopter (BRH). We've got 7 Eurocopter
(Aerospatiale) AS-332L1 "Super Pumas", also known as the Tiger. All of
them are equipped with Bristow Helicopters' IHUMS system. That is quite
impressing, BRH is the only heli-operator in the world wich has IHUMS on all its
aircrafts.

Rds.
                        Ole Petter Dahl
                         Avionics Engineering