Re: Differences between A320's

From:         babu@bigwpi.WPI.EDU (V. Gopalakrishnan)
Date:         23 Sep 93 00:11:33 PDT

In article <airliners.1993.601@ohare.Chicago.COM> kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz) writes:

>Pete Coe asks:
>>Taxi-ing around Heathrow yesterday I noticed a minor difference the
>>British Airways and Air France A320's.  The Air France ones (and the
>>Lufthansa ones for that matter), all had small winglets on the wings.
>>The British Airways planes did not.

>Karl Replies:
>  <some stuff deleted>
>
>BTW, the difference between the -211 and the -231 is the engines --
>the -211 has CFM56-5 engines while the -231 has V2500 engines.

And then there are the A320s that Indian Airlines has (sorry, don't know the
official -2xx extension) which have four tyres on each of the main landing
gear, (supposedly in order to allow the plane to operate from rough airfields)
while all other versions of the plane I've seen only have two tyres on
each of the main gear.

-VG