Re: Adavanced Engine Diagnostics

From:         lou@cs.rutgers.edu (Lou Steinberg)
Date:         23 Sep 93 00:11:23 PDT

In article <airliners.1993.597@ohare.Chicago.COM> sidney@cs.concordia.ca (SVORCSEK) writes:

   We are doing a study into ways of predicting aircraft engine
   failures in advance.  [...]  I am also interested in failure
   diagnostic systems

You might contact Kathy Abbott at NASA in Langley, Virginia (USA).
Her PhD thesis, for which I was the advisor, was on this latter area.

  1990: Kathy Abbott: Robust Knowledge-based Diagnosis of Physical
  Systems in Operation, PhD Thesis, Department of Computer Science,
  Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ 08903

I believe she has done further work in the area as well.  Her thesis
should be available from University Microfilms or from the Rutgers
CS Department.
--
					Lou Steinberg

uucp:   {pretty much any major site}!rutgers!aramis.rutgers.edu!lou
internet:   lou@cs.rutgers.edu