Adavanced Engine Diagnostics

From:         sidney@cs.concordia.ca (SVORCSEK)
Date:         11 Sep 93 13:46:00 PDT

Hi,
We are doing a study into ways of predicting aircraft engine failures
in advance.  I would like to find out if anybody knows of research or
existing systems that do advanced diagnosis of aircraft power plants
(engines), either through inference from available data (sensors, engine
history), oil spectrography, gas path analysis, vibration analysis,...

I am also interested in failure diagnostic systems (what to do in the event
of a failure).

We are concentration on aircraft engines, however, anything from other areas,
such as locomotive, would be of help.

sid.

Sid Svorcsek                        Email:   sidney@cs.concordia.ca
Concordia University                Tel:     (514) 422-4837
Montreal, Quebec                    Fax:     (514) 422-4899