new SST work?

From:         libove@jerry.alf.dec.com (Jay Vassos-Libove)
Date:         02 Sep 93 04:13:10 PDT

I was watching a PBS broadcast of (some title dealing with
airplanes and speed) last night in Atlanta, and they mentioned
that the Soviets, Boeing, and the European consortium are
ALL working on new Supersonic Transports...

Could someone please dig up and post some details of what
they're working on?  I had (evidently mistakenly) believed
that the civilian aerospace sector had pretty much given
up on SST for passenger use because of cost/efficiency
problems, relative to sub-sonic speed craft.

Thanks!
--

Jay Vassos-Libove                  libove@alf.dec.com
Digital Equipment Corporation      decwrl!alf.dec.com!libove