Re: Was there a 717 ...

From:         megazone@obsidian.WPI.EDU (MegaZone)
Date:         02 Sep 93 04:13:08 PDT

davels@lsid.hp.com (Dave L_Sherrer) shaped the electrons to say:
>embarrassed to say I don't recall there ever being a 717. So for those of
>you on the net, did this plane ever exist? Did it appear just on the
>drawing board and never made it to production?

717 was originally applied to a 'short' 707, but this was renamed 707-???
It was then applied to the USAF KC/C-135 series.  As it has a different
build than the 707.  As far as I've read, the KC-135 remains the Boeing
Model 717

--
megazone@wpi.wpi.edu  megazone@world.std.com  megazone@hotblack.schunix.dmc.com
 "I have one prejudice, and that is against stupidity.  Use your mind, think!"