Re: BAe ATP performance

From:         ak336@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (John Dill)
Date:         05 Aug 93 14:00:31 PDT

Karl Swartz writes:
>Ted Rodriguez-Bell <ted@ssl.berkeley.edu> submitted an article again
>mentioning scheduled operations between Chicago's Merrill C. Meigs
>Field (CGX) and Springfield.  To settle it once and for all, I took
>a peek at a recent OAG.  It shows United Express operating 9 flights
>daily on this route, using the Beechcraft 1900, and TW Express
>operating 5 flights with the Fairchild-Swearingen Metro.

The biggest deterent to "scheduled" service into CGX is the lack of
a published IFR approach. Most users file a flight plan into MDW, then
cancel IFR either prior to or during the approach to MDW, then proceed
VFR to CGX. Obviously, if the weather at either is below VFR minimums,
a landing at CGX is out of the question.
John Dill ATCS

--
 Dan Quayle was right! It's the family stupid!