American Airlines Museum Open near DFW

From:         gtoye@pssparc2.mitek.com (Gene Toye)
Date:         16 Jul 93 03:21:36 PDT

For those interested in the history of airlines, especially American,
the C. W. Smith Museum is now open at the AA Flight Academy, south
of DFW Airport.  (360 at FAA road)
I found it interesting with a lot of good stuff on display.

Highlights include:
	restored DC-3 on display outside building (can't go on board :( )
	20 minute film on AA, lots of in flight views of AA planes.
	display of 757 cockpit with video explanation of FMS displays
		(not a realistic view, line drawings of instruments)
	more realistic mockup of F100 cockpit.
	Most items are airline related rather than airplane related, but there
	are two jet engines on display as well as a 727 nose gear.

	Lots of video on airline jobs, including video of airliner rebuilds
		(C checks as I recall ?)
	Museum shop

All in all, an interesting visit and its FREE.  Open Wed - Sunday 11 to 6.

Not related to AA in any way, just found the museum interesting.
--
Gene Toye, Senior Software Engineer                   gtoye@pssparc2.oc.com
OpenConnect Systems, 2711 LBJ Freeway, Dallas, TX 75234