Re: A320 and a bit on the bloody DC-10 (was: cockpit visit)

From:         inc@tc.fluke.COM (Gary Benson)
Date:         08 Jul 93 01:28:02 PDT

In article <airliners.1993.488@ohare.Chicago.COM> rdd@cactus.org writes:

>>thus far, pilots have been surprisingly good at working around the problems
>posed by glass (maybe it does have a benefit--at least in most glassy
>airplanes, it keeps 'em on their toes? :-))

Please, for those among us who only lurk  - - - what is "glass" ?

I`ve read this any number of times referring to some quality of an
airliner's cockpit. What does this mean?

--

One cannot build life from refrigerators, politics, credit statements
and crossword puzzles. That is impossible. Nor can one exist for any length
of time without poetry, without colour, without love.  -Antoine de St. Exupery