Re: AF Retires 707 970

From:         shafer@ferhino.dfrf.nasa.gov (Mary Shafer)
Date:         29 Jun 93 09:23:06 PDT

On 28 Jun 93 22:46:41 PDT, fulghum@esds.mdc.com (Milton L. Fulghum) said:

Milton> In <airliners.1993.467@ohare.Chicago.COM> Scott Jacobson
Milton> <75706.2201@CompuServe.COM> writes:

>970 was used briefly by Eisenhower but was never officially "Air
>Force One".  Kennedy also used the aircraft at times.

Milton> I was under the impression that any aircraft hauling the
Milton> President was considered "Air Force One".

Only if it's an Air Force plane.  When Reagan came to Dryden to watch
STS-4 land, he came in Marine One (a big green helicopter).

--
Mary Shafer  DoD #362 KotFR NASA Dryden Flight Research Facility, Edwards, CA
shafer@ferhino.dfrf.nasa.gov                 Of course I don't speak for NASA