A320 - Opinions

From:         jambon@imag.fr (Francis Jambon)
Date:         17 Jun 93 13:02:18 PDT

  It is very strange, I've spoke with people who do not fly A320, they do not
like it, I've spoke with people who fly it, they are found of it ! I cannot
understand that.

  I've done a power on and a take off with one of the 6 axis simulators of
Aeroformation (Airbus training school). I was Pilot Flying (in night VFR)
at the right place, with an instructor at the left one. It seems to me to be
easyer to fly that A320 than a DR400 (As common in France than the C172 in
the USA), and much different than home computer flight simulators !

I've try the sticks and the Auto-Pilot :
When the other pilot take the control of the airplane, pushing the read
button on the stick, a red arrow light on just in front of you (see the paper
of R.Dorsett and P.Mellor).
When you change the mode of the Auto-Pilot, the value is cleared, a group
of three letters change on the Auto-Pilot, and the symbol of the airplane
change on the Primary Flight Display (Horizon+speed+altitude).

Francis.
--
Francis JAMBON  -  Francis.Jambon@imag.fr                    __|__
Research in Human-Computer Interaction for...          *---o--(_)--o---*