Re: Boeing link with Daimler-Benz on "jumbo jumbo?"

From:         Helen Trillian Rose <hrose@eff.org>
Date:         08 Jan 93 12:59:15 PST

Kevin> == Kevin Driscoll <driscoll@src.honeywell.com>

 Kevin> In article <airliners.1993.17@ohare.Chicago.COM> kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz) writes:
>Boeing said today (Tuesday) that it has held discussions with Daimler-
>Benz regarding development of a "jumbo jumbo" airliner that could
>carry as many as 800 passengers on long-range routes.  Interesting to
>say the least since Daimler-Benz's aerospace subsidiary is Deutsche
>Airbus!

 Kevin> The BBC World Service reported today that the head of Airbus
 Kevin> says they have been talking to Boeing, appearenly independently
 Kevin> from their Deutsche subsidiary.  The BBC speculated that this
 Kevin> might be a Boeing ploy "to drive a wedge between the partners".

Actually, I heard (I think it was either on CNN-Headline News or read it
on Clarinet) that Boeing had talked to both British Aerospace and
Daimler-Benz/Deutsche Airbus, but *hadn't* talked to Aerospatiale (sp?,
in any case, the French). Which countries have partnerships in Airbus?
In any case, Germany, France, and England are the main partners (I
believe). It's very interesting *which* two Boeing talked to. Perhaps it
says something to where Boeing thinks the "blame" for the non-kosher
business practices comes from.

--Helen

--
Helen Trillian Rose             	<hrose@eff.org, hrose@kei.com>