Re: 757-300?

From:         spagiola@FRI-nxt-Pagiola.Stanford.EDU (Stefano Pagiola)
Date:         29 Mar 93 12:15:44 PST

Karl Swartz writes
> >the 757 has some pretty long routes, and few people are happy
> > about that.
>

> One wouldn't normally associate Southwest and comfort
> either, but that doesn't seem to be keeping people from
> stepping all over each other to help keep Southwest
> solidly in the black.

Yes, but Southwest doesn't fly long routes.  And they do have very
low prices.  As I said in my post, you certainly can trade price for comfort.  But
you won't attract those business travellers airlines would so dearly like to see.

H. Andrew Chuang writes
> the 757 is probably the least successful Boeing program.

Not if you go by airframes sold.  757 production is up to about 520,
while 767 production is in the 480 range.  I think undelivered orders
are in about the same ratio, but with all the order reshuffling going
on that's hard to keep track of.

Ciao, Stefano
---
Stefano Pagiola
Food Research Institute, Stanford University
spagiola@frinext.stanford.edu (NeXTMail encouraged)
spagiola@FRI-nxt-Pagiola.stanford.edu (NeXTMail encouraged)