Re: 727 deep stall (Re: tip vortices *do* exist!)

From:         gary@maestro.mitre.org (Gary Bisaga)
Date:         29 Mar 93 12:15:33 PST

In article <airliners.1993.277@ohare.Chicago.COM>, rdd@cactus.org (Robert Dorsett) writes:

|> The 727's spoilers can be used as speed brakes in-flight.
I believe this is only true in the 72s if you're using flaps 1 or less,
maybe up only.  I need to check with my 727 pilot friends to be sure.  I
don't know where the "Wasatch mountains" are so I don't know whether they'd
have any flaps deployed at that point.  But, as you said, spoilers are
used in many airplanes in flight, for example when the FMS requests
"add drag".

--
Gary Bisaga (gbisaga@mitre.org)