Re: Airbus "family ratings" ? (incl. Robert's reply)

From:         Pete Mellor <pm@cs.city.ac.uk>
Date:         23 Mar 93 00:24:51 PST

> On the subject of F/Es: does anyone know if Air Inter's unions got their way and
> forced the airline to have an F/E in the A320?

No they didn't! The A320 is operated universally with two-man crews.
(At least, *almost* universally. There was some correspondence a while
back about a possible variant which did allow for an F/E, but I can't
remember the details. Perhaps Robert could remind me!) There was certainly
no F/E on the Air Inter flight which crashed near Strasbourg.

Pete
----
Peter Mellor, Centre for Software Reliability, City University, Northampton
Sq., London EC1V 0HB, Tel: +44(0)71-477-8422, JANET: p.mellor@city.ac.uk