Re: A Question about Tours of the Boeing plant

From:         jfc@macsch.com (Jack Castro)
Date:         23 Feb 93 00:10:18 PST

In article <airliners.1993.165@ohare.Chicago.COM>, brtrees@ohstpy.mps.ohio-state.edu writes:
|> I'm going to be in Seattle in March and will have a Saturday free.
|> I was wondering, does the huge Boeing plant give tours to the general
|> public? How far is it from Seattle--would I need to rent a car to get
|> there? Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

The "Boeing Tour" is a tour of the  747 production plant in Everett, about
a 40 minutes north of Downtown Seattle. My understanding is that reservations
are required and that the tour only takes place on weekdays.

I am not entirely sure that this information is entirly correct, but I recall
reading this in my Seattle guide book.

I have not taken the tour myself, because I have not yet taken a vacation day
to take the tour, even though I live nearby Everett. Friends who have taken the
tour give it high marks.

As an alternative, you might consider visiting the Boeing Museum of Flight at
Boeing Field. This is located at Boeing Field, 20 minutes south of downtown.

--

Jack Castro (j_castro@macsch.com)
The MacNeal-Schwendler Corporation - Bellevue, WA