Re: Mt. Erebus crash

From:         gaudiot@pollux.usc.edu (Jean-Luc Gaudiot)
Date:         08 Feb 93 00:34:16 PST

In article <airliners.1993.144@ohare.Chicago.COM> Graham Mann <mann@spectrum.cs.unsw.oz.au> wrote:

>I have a question. Can anybody recommend a good book on the crash of the
>Air New Zealand DC-10 that crashed into the side of Mt. Erebus, Antarctica
>in 1979. I need the whole story on this disaster for something I'm writing
>about the hazards of flight in polar regions.

"Air Disasters" by Stanley Stewart published by Arrow Books Limited.
I found it in Australia a few ago and do not know whether it is
available anywhere else.  It is a very good in-depth analysis of a
number of aircraft crashes including the Mount Erebus Crash 1979.
Highly recommended, IMHO.

Jean-Luc Gaudiot
Associate Professor