Re: Wing "flaps" that raise on landing

From:         u7wc@jupiter.sun.csd.unb.ca (HICKEY  S)
Date:         06 Feb 93 14:18:09 PST

In article <airliners.1993.146@ohare.Chicago.COM> drinkard@bcstec.ca.boeing.com (Terrell D. Drinkard) writes:

>  The flaps are kept fully
>deployed until the airplane exits the runway I think.  Every little bit of
>drag helps. :-)
>--
>drinkard@bcstec.boeing.com

Actually, according to one DC-9 captain I talked with, the flaps are raised
according to the post-landing checklist, without consideration for the
location of the aircraft.  I know one airline that decided to change the
checklist to have the flaps raised sooner, after a number of controllers
asked the pilots if they required assistance-- taxiing with deployed flaps
is an ICAO-standard indication of a possible hijack in progress.  (This
is NOT classified info.)