Mt. Erebus crash

From:         rdd@cactus.org (Robert Dorsett)
Date:         06 Feb 93 14:18:06 PST

In article <airliners.1993.144@ohare.Chicago.COM> Graham Mann <mann@spectrum.cs.unsw.oz.au> wrote:

>I have a question. Can anybody recommend a good book on the crash of the
>Air New Zealand DC-10 that crashed into the side of Mt. Erebus, Antarctica
>in 1979. I need the whole story on this disaster for something I'm writing
>about the hazards of flight in polar regions.

_Flightdeck Performance: The Human Factor_ by O'hare and Roscoe (Iowa State,
1990) has a brief analysis of the crash, in the context of ocular "white-
out."  The general discussion might be more interesting than the specifics
of the crash, for the purposes of your paper.

---
Robert Dorsett
rdd@cactus.org
...cs.utexas.edu!cactus.org!rdd