Re: 747SP

From:         drinkard@bcstec.ca.boeing.com (Terrell D. Drinkard)
Date:         04 Dec 92 22:30:32 PST

In article <airliners.1992.80@ohare.Chicago.COM> davidm@questor.rational.com (David Moore) writes:
>I have no idea why they were delivering via London.

Possibly to reproduce the MacRobertson Race of 1932 or '33.  That went from
London to Sydney, as I recall.  The Boeing 247 and the Douglas DC-2 came in
second and third behind a special build DeHavilland  racer.  That was a
remarkable period of change in the airplane industry.  However, that race
tooks a few weeks (all of this is from memory - I don't have any references
on it, or if I do I don't know where they are :-).

Just a theory...

--
Terry
drinkard@bcstec.boeing.com