Re: GE aerospace

From:         cid@athena.mit.edu (Derek H Cedillo)
Date:         01 Dec 92 23:15:22 PST

In article <airliners.1992.51@ohare.Chicago.COM> duchad@rpi.edu (David Benedict Ducharme) writes:
>I was in an argument the other day that I hope that can be cleared up here
>was GE aerospace sold straightout, or was it merged with MM.
>sold straightout meaning that they no longer have any say in those dealing
>anymore.

According to UPI reports on the dealing the whole deal is worth $3.05 Billion
In the deal GE Gets $1 billion in convertible preffered stock.
I hate to see GE lose a part of itself, but it was a wise move.

Does anyone know what is to become of the Ft. Worth, IN plant?
I didnt see it listed in the buisness locations to be
taken over by MM.
Is there going to be some work done by GE somewhat autonomously
still in the biz?

Thanks,

Derek