Re: The Sporty Game -- Boeing 757

From:         ncole@nyx.cs.du.edu (Noah Cole)
Date:         01 Dec 92 23:15:21 PST

gregory@bcstec.ca.boeing.com (Greg Wright) writes:

> I think that you will find that every attempt at a shortened version
>of one of our planes has had limited success. Take the 747SP for example.
>Airlines tend not to like the sorted versions very much. In $/seat or $/mile
>these versions are too expensive to run. There is a real problem having
>too much engine or wing with them. We find it is better to stretch if
>anything....

>Greg

How many airlines use 747SP's today? I have a poster from Popular Mechanics
that was around the arrival of the 747-400 with a drawing of a United
747SP and it said that the 747SP set a record flying from Payne Field, Washington to South Africa.  Was that SAA? Who flies the 747SP Today and on what routes?

-Noah Cole
--
Noah Cole		"Outside is America,		     NCOLE@MACALSTR.EDU
Macalester College	and also the car park"	            ncole@nyx.cs.du.edu