Re: Boeing Book

From:         kls@ohare.Chicago.COM (Karl Swartz)
Date:         01 Dec 92 02:10:51 PST

In article <airliners.1992.41@ohare.Chicago.COM> michael@is3000.bmr.gov.au (System Support) writes:
>Maybe someone can help me. I'm trying to get hold of a new book about
>Boeing entitled something like "The Boeing Story".  Does anyone have
>any ideas about such a book, author?

As Christopher Davis pointed out, "Legend and Legacy" sounds like the
book you're after.  There was a review posted on rec.aviation recently;
I believe Robert Dorsett may have it archived on rascal.ics.utexas.edu
if you have anon ftp access.

A good source for books on airliners (though not this particular one;
the review mentioned B. Dalton's as having it) is "Just Plane Crazy"
in Miami, the retail arm of World Transport Press which publishes both
Airliners and Airliners Monthly News, and is the U.S. distributor for
the JP fleet lists.

The best way of reaching them is by phone, and thankfully (for those
of us on the west coast of the U.S.) they are open late, until 10 pm
Eastern Time.  Saturdays until 6 pm and they open at 10 am.  From the
48 continental states try 1-800/875-6711; elsewhere, 1-305/477-7163.
They also have a 24-hour FAX line at 1-305/599-1995.

By mail, write to

    Airliners Catalog
    P.O. Box 521238
    Miami, FL 33152-1238
    USA

If you happen to be visiting Miami, they're right next to Miami
International Airport at 1200 NW 72nd Ave. in the Perimeter Road
Building.

All that said, I have no affiliation with them other than as a
satisfied customer on several occasions.

Their latest catalog includes several new books which may be of
interest, including

    Douglas DC-8: A Pictorial History

    Grounded: Frank Lorenzo and the Destruction of Eastern Airlines

	Too bad he's gone from the scene -- we'd have great fun
	picking on him!!!  :-)

    Jet Airliner Production List (2nd Edition)

	Mine has been on order for a week; damned Christmas mail
	must have it trapped along the way!

--
Karl Swartz	|INet	kls@ditka.chicago.com
1-415/854-3409	|UUCP	uunet!decwrl!ditka!kls