Re: Aha! The three-man 767 rears its ugly head...

From:         mweiss@mis.mi04.zds.com (Mitchell Weiss)
Date:         29 Dec 92 22:53:48 PST

In article <airliners.1992.185@royko.Chicago.COM> rdd@cactus.org (Robert Dorsett) writes:

>I knew I wasn't going mad...  In a recent post, I commented on a three-man
>767.  Karl hadn't heard of it, which surprised me, so I went looking for
>it--and couldn't find it--which surprised me even more.  I finally ran across
>this blurb.

Harvard MBA folks publish an entire case study on the changeover from
a three-man cockpit to a two man cockpit.  It seems that the initial
production runs of the 767's were three-man.  Now, as a case study
they never said what Boeing did.  Did they change them before sale?

I don't know.  I know little about airlines, except of course
how to buckle a seat belt and pray that my luggage arrives.  :-)