Re: 757 highest thrust to weight ratio ?

From:         fredch@phx.mcd.mot.com (Fred Christiansen)
Date:         09 Dec 92 18:45:30 PST

In article <airliners.1992.71@ohare.Chicago.COM> kls@chicago.com (Karl Swartz) writes:
>Not surprisingly, the top 11 were all twins.

Why "not surprisingly"?  As a layman with no background in this stuff,
I would have tho't that manufacturers would keep the thrust-to-weight
in some ballpark range (for economic reasons).  And that the advent
of larger twins is because more powerful engines have become available,
eliminating the need for a 3rd (or in the case of, say, MD-10 class
aircraft, the need for a 4th).
--
Fred Christiansen, Motorola, 2900 S Diablo Way, Tempe, AZ 85282  "Canajun, eh?"
fredch@phx.mcd.mot.com  ||  uunet!phx.mcd.mot.com!fredch  ||  +1 602-438-3464