Re: ILFC chooses A318

From:         Chuanga@cris.com (H Andrew Chuang)
Date:         23 Nov 1998 16:48:17 PST

In article <73cmcu$c8u$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
 <spagiola@my-dejanews.com> wrote:
>ILFC has apparently selected the Airbus A318 over the Boeing 717-200 (nee
>Douglas MD-95), and signed a MOU with Airbus for a possible order for up to
>30. You can see an Airbus press release with more details at
>http://www.airbus.com/news_news.html#00240
>
>Certainly NOT good news for the 717, which still has only the original
>ValuJet/Airtran order for 50, plus 5 for lessor Bavaria. Perhaps not so
>surprising, given that ILFC already has lots of A320-family aircraft on its
>roster, but still bad news.

Definitely not a good news for the B717.  Nevertheless, the ILFC order
is smaller than an earlier speculation of 50 firm + 50 options.  Airbus
says the aircraft will be launched earlier next year.  I think they
are still waiting for NW to make a commitment.  The potential NW
order that I heard ranges from 100 to 200 (including options) to replace
around 100 DC-9-30s that NW currently operates.