Re: Confusion over 777 variants.

From:         richard@bofh.its.rmit.EDU.AU (Richard A. Muirden)
Date:         30 Nov 1997 05:50:14 GMT

jf mezei <"[non-spam]jfmezei"@videotron.ca> writes:
>I get the impression that the very first batch of 777s handed to United
>for instance were "early prototypes" (lets call them 777-200) and that
>by now Boeing has new and improved 777-200s available (777-200IGW etc).

no no. The two variants were always on the boards, with the "A" market
model available earlier - the "B" model is what is now called the IGW
but started out life being called the 777-200B.

-richard

--
"I don't care if you've got a  | Richard Muirden, Systems Admin, ITS, RMIT Uni
personal message from God      | richard@rmit.EDU.AU // +61 3 9660 3814