97 Aircraft Order Update (Sept 15)

From:         Chuanga@cris.com (H Andrew Chuang)
Date:         16 Sep 1997 00:21:58 GMT

Now, both Boeing and Airbus keep current-year aircraft orders and
deliveries on the WWW.  Boeing also has the backlog information.

Boeing's URL is <http://www.boeing.com/commercial/info/orders.html>,
but no MD data are included.  Airbus's number is buried in its monthly
Airbus Letter, <http://www.airbus.com/letter.html>.  I'll still post
my order list since I have the additional information on engine orders.

The URL of the hypertext version of this list is

http://www.cris.com/~chuanga/order_book.shtml

      *** 1997 Large Commercial Aircraft Order Update (Sep 15, 97) ***

  |       |300/                   | /*   737    \              / 777 \| 80/   |
  |       |310 319 320 321 330 340|345 600 700 800 744 757 767 200 300| 90  11|
  |_______|_______________________|___________________________________|_______|
N |Pegasus|                       |  1           1                    |       |
N |USN    |                       |          2                        |       |
N |ILFC   |        50U     15U    |     31          2U  6U  5U 10U    |       |
N |CX     |                 6R  7C|                 7R                |       |
N |OZ     |                 6P    |                                   |       |
N |EK     |                       |                             2R    |       |
N |OA     |                     2C|                                   |       |
N |GPA    |                       |  1                                |       |
N |UA     |                       |                 3P      8P        |       |
N |CI     | 1P                    |                                   |       |
N |IT     |     1C                |                                   |       |
N |VS     |                     1C|                                   |       |
  |BM     |         5I  3I        |                                   |       |
  |BA     |                       |                         3R  5G    |       |
  |KK     |                 5P    |                                   |       |
  |ZB     |             2I  2R    |                                   |       |
  |BBJ    |                       |         17                        |       |
  |Sunrock|                       |  2   5                            |       |
  |FI     |                       |                     4R            |       |
N |QF     |                       |                         2G        |       |
N |GECAS  |                       |  1                                |       |
N |Proair |                       |  1                                |       |
  |5Y     |                       |                10G                |       |
  |LA     |                       |                         3G        |       |
  |TG     | 5P              4P    |                                   |       |
  |MI     |     3I  5I            |                                   |       |
N |Unknown|             2U        |                                   |       |
  |CZ     |         3U            |                                   |       |
  |3U     |         2U            |                                   |       |
  |CASC   |         5U 20U        |                                   |       |
  |Unknown|         1U            |                                   |       |
  |VG     |     1U                |                                   |       |
  |DM     |                       |  2                                |       |
  |OS     |                 4P    |                                   |       |
  |SN     |                 1P    |                                   |       |
  |SR     |                 4P    |                                   |       |
N |SU     |                       | 10                                |       |
N |CO     |                       |                     6R            |       |
  |HY     | 1P                    |                                   |       |
  |AMV    |                       |                                   |  2I   |
  |CA     |                       |                             5P    |       |
  |BA     |                       |                     3R            |       |
  |DL     |                       |             70      5P 21G        |       |
N |KQ     |                       |  1                                |       |
  |KL     |                       |              4                    |       |
  |UA     |     4I  3I            |                                   |       |
  |DI     |                       |  7                                |       |
  |GT     |                       |  2                                |       |
  |Pembroke                       |  4       8                        |       |
  |ZB     |         2I      2R    |                                   |       |
  |KE     |                 4P    |                                   |       |
  |ILFC   |         1U  1U        |                                   |       |
  |BU     |                       |          6                        |       |
  |CX     |                 1R  2C|                                   |       |
  |OU     |     6C                |                                   |       |
  |BR     |                       |                                   |     2G|
  |KA     |                 1R    |                                   |       |
N |Boullioun                      |  2                                |       |
N |Unknown|                       |                     1U            |       |
  |3Q     |                       |  2                                |       |
  |CA     |                       |                 2P                |       |
  |_______|_______________________|___________________________________|_______|
  | Total |  7  15  77  28  55  12| 36  36  33  75  24  25  59  22    |   2  2|
  | 1997  |  A I R B U S ( 210 )  |       B O E I N G (  310  )       |MD(  4)|

                        Total by Engine Manufacturers
  |       |300/                   | /*   737    \              / 777 \| 80/   |
  |       |310 319 320 321 330 340|345 600 700 800 744 757 767 200 300| 90  11|
  |_______|_______________________|___________________________________|_______|
  |BMW/RR |                       |                                   |       |
  |CFMI   |      7              12| 36  36  33  75                    |       |
  |GEAE   |                       |                 10      36   5    |      2|
  |IAE    |      7  15   5        |                                   |   2   |
  |P&W    |  7              28    |                  5   5   8   5    |       |
  |R-R    |                 12    |                  7  13   3   2    |       |
  |Unknown|      1  62  23  15    |                  2   7  12  10    |       |
  |_______|_______________________|___________________________________|_______|
  | Total |  7  15  77  28  55  12| 36  36  33  75  24  25  59  22    |   2  2|
  | 1997  |  A I R B U S ( 210 )  |       B O E I N G (  310  )       |MD(  4)|

                         Announced Letters of Intent
  |       |300/                   | /*   737    \              / 777 \| 80/   |
  |       |310 319 320 321 330 340|345 600 700 800 744 757 767 200 300| 90  11|
  |_______|_______________________|___________________________________|_______|
N |AC     |                 5U  3C|                                   |       |
N |VS     |                     2C|                                   |       |
N |VS     |                    16R|                                   |       |
  |CO     |                       |                        30G  5G    |       |
N |Central Leasing                |                                   |  4I   |
N |Central Leasing                |                                   |  4B   |
  |Swiss World                    |                         2U        |       |
  |NW     |    50U                |                                   |       |
  |AY     |        10U            |                                   |       |
  |MH     |                       |                            15R    |       |
  |H4     |                       |  4           3           3        |       |
  |_______|_______________________|___________________________________|_______|
  | Total |  7  65  87  28  60  33| 40  36  33  78  24  25  94  42    |  10  2|
  | 1997  |  A I R B U S ( 296 )  |       B O E I N G (  372  )       |MD( 12)|

1 N in the first column indicates new (or missed) order since the last update.
2 The engine selection (other than the A340, B737) is indicated by the letter
  behind each order number.  B,C,G,I,P, or R stands for BMW/R-R, CFMI, GEAE,
  IAE, P&W, or R-R, respectively; U for undecided/unknown.
3 The following types are kept under one column:
  a) A300/310,        b) 737-300/400/500 (*345),
  c) MD80/90/95 (MD80 with P&W, MD90 with IAE, and MD95 with BMW/R-R engines),
  d) A340-2/3/5/600 (-200/300 with CFM and -500/600 with R-R engines).
4 Send an e-mail to me (chuanga@cris.com) for any order that I have left out.
  Make sure the orders are announced firm orders with a verifiable source.
  Airline Code:            3Q - Yunnan              3U - Sichuan
  5Y - Atlas               AC - Air Canada          AMV - AMC Aviation
  AY - Finnair             BA - British             BM - British Midland
  BR - EVA Airways         BU - Braathens SAFE      CA - Air China
  CI - China Airlines      CO - Continental         CX - Cathay Pacific
  CZ - China Southern      DI - Deutsche BA         DL - Delta
  DM - Maersk Air          EK - Emirates            FI - Icelandair
  GT - GB Airways          H4 - Hainan              HY - Uzbekistan
  IT - Air France Europe   KA - DragonAir           KE - Korean Air
  KK - TAM                 KL - KLM                 KQ - Kenya Airways
  LA - LanChile            MH - Malaysia            MI - SilkAir
  NW - Northwest           OA - Olympic             OS - Austrian
  OU - Croatia             OZ - Asiana              QF - Qantas
  SN - Sabena              SR - Swissair            SU - Aeroflot (ARIA)
  TG - Thai International  UA - United              VG - Eurowings